Switch discuss: Bavaria might have 100 million euros for the switch of Leverkusens Wirtz
The summer transfer window is closed for the top leagues in Europe! After a summer of international football, countless clubs waited until the last minute to make their transfers. Check out all the major deals here and see how we rated the biggest signings. But just because the window is closed until January doesn't mean the rumors don't get any further.
TOP STORY: Bavaria may need 100 million euros for Wirtz
When Bayern Munich wants to get the attacking midfielder from Bayer Leverkusen Florian Wirtz, they have to pay at least 100 million euros, according to AS.
Bayern's interest was already known and will only grow, because the third youngest German national player of all time has already four goals and four assists from five games in the Bundesliga and Europa League.
The 18-year-old's contract runs until 2026, but the report says a move could come in 2023. While Bayern reportedly struck an alleged agreement with Hans Wirtz, Florian's father and agent, it is still likely that any club that signs the youngster will have to pay a hefty sum.
The initial 80 million euros that Chelsea Bayer paid for the transfer of Kai Havertz in 2020 play a role in the logic behind this sum, because the Bundesliga club is aware that Wirtz is the man who will play in the Champions League final has hit, could surpass.
Bayern could also have trouble convincing Wirtz to join them, even if they bid enough to turn Leverkusen's heads. Because Wirtz has already admitted that in his youth he always dreamed of playing for Barcelona and "that hasn't changed".
Florian Wirtz is a Bundesliga talent that you should keep an eye on. Alex Gottschalk / DeFodi Images via Getty Images
– ESPN + guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (USA)
– Dortmund vs. Union Berlin: Livestream 9/19 on ESPN + (USA)
– Don't you have ESPN? Get instant access
– Dean Henderson asked for a loan change from Manchester United in January, as reported by the sun. The Old Trafford Academy graduate had a goal of becoming the Red Devils' # 1 but suffered the effects of a coronavirus diagnosis and was unable to play. With David De Gea taking his chance to show that he should be the captain of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer – particularly saving Mark Noble's late penalty in defeating West Ham United – Henderson is now looking for a temporary move to get more minutes.
– During his loan from AC Milan to Turin, Tommaso Pobega impressed him so much that Il Toro are already trying to sign him on a permanent basis, report Calciomercato. However, there is currently frustration for the Serie A side as there is no option in the loan deal to make them permanent. Still, they hope to start negotiations.
– West Ham United confirmed that Winston Reid left the club after 11 years with the Hammers by mutual agreement. This agreement gives the 33-year-old the freedom to find a new club to get playing time with after being on loan at Sporting Kansas City and Brentford last season.
– Alexis Sanchez will be allowed to leave Internazionale during the January transfer window, Calciomercato reported. The Chilean, who has yet to make a game for Inter this season, is said to favor Marseille, Real Betis and Sevilla as his next target if he leaves San Siro.
– Free agent Clemens Grenier is interested from all over Europe, especially from Italy and Spain, after leaving Stade Rennais, reports Foot Mercato. There were also contacts with Ligue 1 teams and the midfielder is said to be interesting for clubs in Major League Soccer and in Qatar, but the 30-year-old would have to wait until January, which could be too long for him to wait.